Chevy's Yummy Corn treat.

Every time I ever ate at Chevy's, no matter what else I had on my plate, I would finish off this scoop of sweetened corn. I never got around to asking what it was, so it was like hitting the jack-pot when I found the recipe!

Sweet Corn Tomalitos

5 tbl softened Margarine
1/4 cup masa harina
1/3 cup sugar
2 cups corn kernels
1/2 cup corn meal
1/2 cup water
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbl milk
1/2 tsp salt

Mix the margarine, masa and sugar in a small bowl with a mixer until light and fluffy. Blend half the corn kernels with the water in a blender and add to the masa mixture. Add the remaining ingredients and mix.

Bring a medium sauce pan of water to a boil. Pour the mixture into an 8 inch baking dish. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and place over the pan of boiling water. Steam for 50 minutes to one hours, keeping tightly covered.

Check water level often, until a skewer comes our clean.

Serve warm as a side to mexican cuisine. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment